Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Shat is Back!

I don't see why Priceline.com walked away from Shatner in the first place.  They say it was because they wanted to move toward a fixed price model over a name your own price and the Negotiator's services were no longer needed.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  What I bet happened is Priceline's sales slumped without Shatner and they were forced to bring him back in a limited capacity.  The article that I linked below includes some other TV spokespeople.  My favorite ones besides Shatner are the Old Spice Guy and Mayhem from the Allstate ads.  I don't really care for Flo from Progressive as I find her annoying!

In a press release the company announced that "after plunging off a bridge to his presumed demise, the Priceline Negotiator, aka William Shatner, has miraculously been found alive in a new priceline.com TV spot."

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/priceline-negotiator-returns-other-ad-pitchmen-live-forever-151605519.html

No comments:

Post a Comment